Before you start thinking about your Instagram marketing plan, be sure that you have an Instagram Business Account. Then follow these helpful tips that should help you steamroll through and create an Instagram profile that will wow your audience!
1. Only Your Best Photos
Put yourself in your followers’ shoes, and only share photos with them that you, yourself, love.
2. Pick a Niche
If you want more Instagram followers, it’s likely you’re looking for a certain kind. If you travel a lot, you’ll want to appeal to other travellers. If you’re a foodie, you want other foodies to tag along on your food adventures. So always keep this in mind.
3. Have Your Own Aesthetic People also follow Instagram accounts because they love the aesthetic of that account. They love the style of the photos being uploaded. You can’t have this appeal if you’re constantly changing up your filters, swapping between color and black and white, or playing around with different styles day in, day out!
4. Use Hashtags Wisely Using hashtags is one of the main ways to get more people to see (and hopefully interact) with your photos and videos. Instagram limits the number of hashtags you can use in each post to 30. And while there is some debate over how many hashtags you should actually be using, there’s no right answer.
5. Don’t Post Too Often When you don’t have any followers, you don’t have many people to annoy by constantly posting too many photos. But as soon as your following starts to grow, do not inundate them with too many posts per day.
6. Interact With Your Community Remember, Instagram is a social network, not just a publishing platform. So to really succeed, you need to integrate yourself into your Instagram community. You can also leverage your audience to generate useful content for you through posting user-submitted photos. Your followers will probably enjoy user-generated content even more than they enjoy yours because it’s authentic and unpredictable.
7. Use Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories have quickly become a key part of the platform, and can be a great way to build loyalty and engagement in your community. The benefits of Instagram Stories for brands are truly endless. For starters, Stories are displayed at the top of follower timelines where users already look daily.Brands can use stories to capture behind-the-scenes insider posts that may not be as “high-quality” as regular posts.
8. Post Multiple Images at Once If you’ve shot a variety of photos during a shoot, you might want to publish these as a multi-image post, rather than as lots of individual posts. Multi-image posts can contain up to 10 images (using a single caption). Users can swipe through them from left-to-right, before continuing to scroll through their feed.
Finally, be sure that you track the right metrics to see how your Instagram marketing efforts are paying off!
We still want to hear from you, though. What Instagram tips do you follow? Let us know in the comments below!